Have you ever had the desire to remove refined sugar from your diet only to be consumed by fear about life without dessert?
Fear not … it’s slow cooker blueberry crumble to the rescue! It not only tastes delicious, it takes just 3 minutes to prepare. No joke.
Here’s a short demo from naturopathic doctor and ERFA resident expert, Dr. Michelle Durkin, making this recipe while visiting me in Comox Valley during her summer vacation.
- 2 lb blueberries (or any berries!)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup (or honey)
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with blueberries.
- Mix melted coconut oil and Maple syrup and pour over almond flour until crumbly consistency is achieved.
- Spread over berries.
- Cook on high for 1-1.5 hours.
- Enjoy on its own, or on top of Greek yogurt (or water buffalo yogurt like we did!) or chia pudding. Top with nuts, seeds, or coconut. The sky’s the limit!
Now Dr. Durkin and I have a challenge for you. Serve this dessert to your next dinner guests or bring it to your next potluck and let us know the response!
Like this post? Want free weekly inspiration to eat, move, and sleep your way to optimal health? As a bonus I’ll send you my e-book, Top 7 Mistakes (even) Health Conscious People Make.