Avocados are great for real food lovers. They are high in nutrients and good fats, including omega-3 fatty acids. They help to boost the good HDL cholesterol and have an anti-inflammatory effect. Besides forming the base of guacamole, avocados are a delicious way to enhance a real food omelet, chicken dish, or as this recipe will show, salad.
Avocado Cucumber Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp onion, minced
- 6 cups lettuce (or salad greens, or spinach)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh parsley for garnish, chopped
- Combine cucumber, pepper, lime juice, jalapeno and onion together in a bowl.
- Arrange lettuce on plates or in bowls.
- Scoop cucumber mix into the center of the lettuce plate.
- Top with sliced avocado and garnish with parsley.
- *The natural oil in the avocado may be enough to not need a dressing. If desired, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or balsamic vinaigrette dressing.