There is no better way to be introduced to the wonderful world of eggplant than through this creamy, hummus-like dip called baba ganoush.
Recipe type: Condiments/Dressings
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil. Bake face up on a foil lined pan until the eggplant is soft, approximately 45 minutes.
- Scoop insides of eggplant into a food processor. Add tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic and cumin. Mix until smooth.
- With food processor running, slowly pour in olive oil and continue mixing.
- Add sea salt to taste.