Chicken Caesar Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Italian, Mexican
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 whole chicken, cooked in slow cooker
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2-4 cloves garlic, depending on taste
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 3 capers, or to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Clean whole chicken -- including insides -- by running under cold water and patting dry.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with salt & pepper and other desired spices.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and place in plastic bag with paper towel until serving time.
- In a medium sized mason jar, mash garlic cloves. Add mustard, anchovies and capers. Mix together well.
- Drizzle olive oil down the side of the jar, turning it continuously.
- Add egg yolk and lemon juice. With top of mason jar on, shake well. Let sit until serving time (30 mins - 1 hr).
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in wooden salad bowl.
- Pour with desired amount of dressing. Toss lightly until all leaves are coated.
- Add the pepper and Parmesan and toss again.