This tasty pancake recipe is filled with fiber and healthy fat (from the coconut), making it a surprisingly filling breakfast option compared with wheat flour alternatives.
PS: You might also want to check out Pumpkin Pancakes, Race Day Pancakes, and 2-Ingredient Pancakes.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1.5 dozen
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ - ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Blend together eggs, applesauce, honey, and salt (I like to use a hand mixer to fluff up the eggs).
- Sift in coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix thoroughly with hand mixer or whisk.
- Over medium heat, melt butter to coat bottom of frypan (or griddle) entirely.
- Pour batter into frypan, making approx. 3" diameter circles. Cook ~3-4 minutes each side.
- Transfer to plate and top with a mixture of plain Greek yogurt and maple syrup or honey to taste. Note: applesauce also makes for nice (sweet!) topping.