Who doesn’t love a good guacamole? Loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, guacamole is the perfect complement to veggie trays, onion sesame crackers, or atop fried eggs at breakfast. Use your imagination to find even more uses for this real food staple.
Recipe type: Condiments/Dressings
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- Split avocados in half, discard pits and scoop the flesh out into a medium-sized mixing bowl or food processor.
- Mash with a fork (bowl option) or blend (food processor option) until creamy with small chunks.
- Add tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Press garlic cloves over bowl and add lime juice. Mix together until combined evenly.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.