The spices are really what make this recipe delicious. Feel free to experiment with your own favourite combinations — even curry and garlic work!
Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, you can welcome ketchup back to the table without guilt!
- 2 cans (5.5 oz) tomato paste
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ c water
- 3 Tbsp raw honey or Maple syrup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground all spice
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer while stirring frequently until flavours have blended.
- For thinner ketchup, add more water. For thicker ketchup, add less water.
- Let cool and transfer to a glass jarl before serving.