If ketchup is one of your favourite condiments but you’re put off by its high fructose corn syrup content and other added ingredients, then it’s your lucky day.
The spices are really what make this recipe delicious. Feel free to experiment with your own favourite combinations — even curry and garlic work!
Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, you can welcome ketchup back to the table without guilt!
Recipe type: Condiments/Dressings
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 2 cans (5.5 oz) tomato paste
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ c water
- 3 Tbsp raw honey or Maple syrup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground all spice
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer while stirring frequently until flavours have blended.
- For thinner ketchup, add more water. For thicker ketchup, add less water.
- Let cool and transfer to a glass jarl before serving.