Leftover Roast Beef Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 cups leftover roast beef, chopped
- 1 x 900 ml carton of beef stock
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- Optional: Cauliflower, sweet potato – whatever is in your fridge!
- Sauté celery, carrots, onion, mushrooms and a pinch of salt in butter or coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add brussel sprouts, roast beef and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for ~45 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Add water if you prefer it more soupy, and salt and pepper to taste.