These portable goodies are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth, and the sunflower seed butter version is perfect for kids’ lunches. I send one of these tiny drops of heaven to school with my kids every day and they always disappear. I’ve also been known to hide them in the freezer in an attempt to make them last a bit longer in our household!
Recipe type: Treats
Serves: 3 dozen
- 8-10 figs or dates
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (plus ½) cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (or almond butter if no nut allergies)
- 4 Tbsp honey
- Mix figs, chocolate chips and vanilla in food process.
- Add just 1 cup coconut, plus flaxseed, cocoa, protein powder, sunflower seed butter and honey.
- Top with final ½ cup of coconut.
- Mix in food processor until paste forms.
- Roll into bite-sized balls.
- Eat immediately or freeze to make them last longer.