I don’t normally advocate oatmeal due to its high carbohydrate content, but athletes who engage in intense activity may need to seek out extra carbs before and after their workouts or competitions. These pancakes are an easy way to top up energy stores to help you perform at your best. And they travel well, so keep that in mind if your competition happens to be out of town.
PS: If you like pancakes, you might also want to check out Pumpkin Pancakes, 2-Ingredient Pancakes, and Coconut Flour Pancakes.
Race Day Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 20 pancakes
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Optional: sweet potatoes (peeled, boiled) or zucchini
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth with immersion blender.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon batter into pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly browned.