Thought this ever-popular dessert was off the menu? Think again. This simple recipe is sure to satisfy your post-meal sweet tooth without even a hint of guilt. Served hot or cold, it can also be dressed up or down for the right amount of flavour.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut (or almond) milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- Optional: Garnish with berries, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, or spices of your choosing (cinnamon, nutmeg)
- Whisk together milk of choice, vanilla, and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add chia seeds, stirring consistently until all thoroughly combined.
- Let sit for 1-2 hours so the seeds can expand in the liquid.
- If you prefer it cold, refrigerate the mixture. Note: this will significantly harden the pudding since the milk solidifies at colder temperatures.
- Garnish with desired toppings. Sprinkling with nutmeg or cinnamon adds a nice hint of spice. Toasted sliced almonds or raisins also work nicely on top.