A self-described “alchemist” and bread lover, Wayne McGill tinkered with this recipe until he got the right combination of mmm-goodness and low-carb count. It’s dense enough to make a sandwich (untoasted!), yet light enough that you don’t feel sluggish afterwards. Wayne passed this recipe onto me through his son, Shane, who is famous for his own recipe … Shaner Dip.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 loaf
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- ⅔ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup ground almonds (almond meal, almond flour)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground chia or ground sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- WET INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp honey (or molasses)
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a food processor or blender, mix wet ingredients for at least 45 seconds.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Bake in a bread tin lined with parchment paper for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.